Christmas Cookies 2021
Recipe from Southern Living.
A stealthy healthy cookie for the holiday season.
- 315 grams All Purpose Flour - Sifted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 145 grams Unsalted Butter - Room Temperature
- 198 grams Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk - Whole
- 1 Eggs - Large - Room Temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 grams Maraschino Cherries, drained and chopped. Plus 8 to 10 more quartered for the cookie tops.
- 150 grams Dates- Chopped
- 86 grams Pecans - Toasted and Chopped
- 70 grams Corn Flakes - Lightly Crushed
- Heat oven to 375° and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 2 Minutes. Add the milk and blend well. Add the eggs , blending between each one, then mix in the vanilla and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low until just combined. Add the cherries, dates and pecans and quickly mix again. Finish mixing by hand until the cherries appear to be well distributed.
- Using a 15 ml. (1 tbsp) scoop , drop portions of dough in the cornflakes and roll to coat each ball. Place on baking sheets about 5 cm apart. gently press a quartered cherry into the top of each cookie.
- Bake until cookies are set, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack and cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in a covered container.
- when using a 15 ml scoop for your cookies you will need a few extra quartered cherries for the tops
- these store well and ship well