Christmas Cookies 2021
Crispy Seedy Oatmeal Cookie
Recipe from Canadian Living.
This is one of those cookies that isn’t too sweet and pretty healthy with the whole wheat and the seeds.
Crispy Seedy Oatmeal Cookies
- 225 grams Unsalted Butter - Room Temperature
- 213 grams Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs - Large - Room Temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 190 grams Oatmeal - Quick Cooking (not instant)
- 42 grams Puffed Rice Cereal
- 68 grams All Purpose Flour
- 68 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 35 grams Sunflower Seed - Raw
- 35 grams Pumpkin Seed - Raw
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- In the bowl of a mixer with the flat beater, beat butter with brown sugar until fluffy. At least 2 minutes. Mix in eggs once at a time. Scraping the bowl between each egg. Mix in Vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together rolled oats, rice cereal, all purpose and whole wheat flours, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Still into the butter mixture.
- Using a 15 ml ( 1 TBSP) scoop, drop dough about 5cm apart onto parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- On sheet at a time, bake on the middle shelf of a 350° oven until golden. 10 - 12 minutes. Let the sheet cool for a minute 2 and then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- the original recipe said to put waxed paper between the layers of stored cookies. I found this was unnecessary.
- This is a plain cookie that could easily accommodate your favourite spice.