Seems North America is catching up to Europe.
This is a great thing. As baking is tasty chemistry… anything that can make the final outcome more predictable is a great thing! Now if we can finally get the temperature of the perfect room temperature butter…..
June 27, 2013 – Just a quick follow up note:
- I have been reading some cook book reviews that express concern over the weights given in recent editions of some cookbook
- it appears, in some cases, average values may have been used in translating some “cup” measurements of ingredients rather than the recipe being tested using a weight measurement
- understandably untested weight measurements may cause undesirable results
- I recommend proceeding with caution with any recipe that lists weights as a second measurement
- The Coconut Cream Pie in the Dahlia Baker book is amazing and I go back to it frequently
|Bouchon Bakery Book – 2012
|The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook – 2012
|Fika Cookbook – 2012